ELECTRIC BICYCLE WARRANTY
12 Month (ONE YEAR) Warranty & Lifetime Frame Warranty models (Effective June 1st, 2018):
X-Treme offers a standard ONE Year limited warranty against manufacturer defect and workmanship on all model bicycles and their components that are purchased directly from X-Treme or an authorized Dealer. Original purchase receipt is required to establish proof of purchase and establish warranty start date.
Your warranty will be void if any modifications are made to the original design of the bike. X-Treme will NOT offer a warranty on any products purchased from second hand sellers, non-authorized Dealers, products that are purchased used or products that are purchased via outlet centers. X-Treme will, however, offer free lifetime technical support access on these products & if parts are needed those parts may be purchased direct from X-Treme.
Your warranty begins the day the bicycle is delivered to you. This warranty covers manufacturer defects and defaults only. We do not cover misuse or broken parts caused by the user or by any other event. We will pay for standard shipping service costs on the first & second warranty shipment only. Any additional warranty parts that are needed will require the customer to pay all shipping costs.
All replacement parts are warrantied until the end of the Original Manufacturer’s Warranty Period. If you receive your replacement part within the last month of the warranty, your replacement part will be warrantied for 30 Days from delivery of the replacement part.
We do offer additional warranties for purchase to extend your warranty period. Available for purchase are ONE Year Extended Warranty and LIFETIME Extended Warranty. Yes! We will offer the option to extend your warranty for the entire life of your bicycle! No other brand offers this extensive warranty. For more information please see EXTENDED WARRANTY.
X-Treme offers a 30-Day limited warranty against manufacturer's defect and workmanship on the City Rider and its components that is purchased from direct from X-Treme or an authorized dealer. Original purchase receipt required to establish proof of purchase and establish warranty start date.
X-Treme offers a ONE-Year limited warranty (Effective June 1st, 2018) against manufacturer's defect and workmanship on the XG-575-DS Signature Series and its components that is purchased from direct from X-Treme or an authorized dealer. Original purchase receipt required to establish proof of purchase and establish warranty start date.
- Engines ARE covered. Each engine is started, tuned up and tested before we ship the gas scooter to you. Failure to premix oil with the gas voids the engine warranty.
- Pull starters are not covered. Spare scooter pull starters can be purchased online via our website.
- Tires, tubes & flat tires are not covered unless damaged during shipping. (Damage must be reported to us immediately.)
Defective engines must be returned to X-Treme Scooters at the customers expense & will be replaced if X-Treme Scooters determines the engine is defective due to a factory defect. X-Treme Scooters will pay the shipping cost to send the replacement engine to the customer.
All replacement parts are warrantied until the end of the Original Manufacturer’s Warranty Period. If you receive your replacement part within the last month of the One Year Warranty, your replacement part will be warrantied for 30 Days from delivery of the replacement part.
We offer a full ONE Year warranty on all bicycle batteries to the original purchaser. City Rider battery is limited to 6 months (180 days). Your battery is warranted for any manufacturer defect in material or workmanship. The battery will be repaired or replaced free of charge. Original proof of purchase is required to establish proof of purchase and warranty effective date.
X-Treme requires that defective batteries be returned to us for repair or exchange. X-Treme does not pay the shipping fees to return the batteries to us however we will pay to ship the batteries back to you. If you have questions about our warranty, please contact our support department by calling (253) 777-0690 or opening a ticket only at https://support.x-tremescooters.com . A friendly representative will get back to you quickly. Our support department hours are Monday through Thursday 8 AM to 5 PM PST.
Replacement batteries are warrantied through original manufacturer’s warranty unless extended warranty is purchased which will be on a pro-rated basis. Please see ADDITIONAL SERVICES & INFORMATION for additional information regarding our Extend Warranties.LIMITED WARRANTY DETAILS
What is covered & what is not covered:
- Shipping damage: Should your item arrive with damage that is a direct result of the assigned shipping carriers mishandling, we will replace those damaged parts free of charge under warranty as long as the damage is reported immediately after delivery and the necessary photos are provided (see below). In the event that the damage is determined to be extensive, (digital photos will be required by email), at X-Treme’s discretion and after careful consideration, we may arrange to have the item picked up and returned to X-Treme for free replacement. X-Treme will provide technical support via phone or through our Support Help Desk to assist customers with the replacement of parts but will not pay labor charges to install such parts.
- A photo of the packaging material used inside box (e.g. bubble wrap, Styrofoam peanuts, cardboard dividers, etc.)
- A close-up photo of the shipping label with tracking number (please zoom in enough to read the tracking number which usually begins with 1Z)
- Two photos displaying all 6 sides of the package (1 photo should display the top and 2 sides, the 2nd photo should display the bottom and the opposite sides).Freight Deliveries
Please inspect the item for any visible damages upon delivery as any damage must be noted on the delivery receipt in order to be eligible for damage claims. Do not refuse the shipment. Please notify our Customer Service Department immediately after delivery if damage has occurred.
- Tires, tubes & kick stands:These items are NOT covered unless they are damaged as a result of shipping.
- During your applicable warranty period: X-Treme will replace any defective part free of charge and free of shipping charge to the original purchaser of the bicycle. We may require certain parts to be returned to X-Treme before replacing those parts. Shipping costs back to X-Treme must be paid for by the customer. Call tags or return shipping labels will not be issued.
If your bike arrives with a wheel out-of-true (not sufficiently straight or round) due to shipping damage or manufacturer defect we agree to reimburse you for the cost to get your wheel trued, not to exceed $40.00/wheel. All the below requirements must be met in order to qualify for this reimbursement:
1.You must notify us within 5-days of receiving your bike.
2. You must provide a video of the rim showing that the wheel is not true.
3. The video must show the rim spinning, not just the tire.
4. You must provide us with a receipt indicating that the wheel has been trued.
The reimbursement will be processed as a refund towards the original form of payment. If you purchased from one of our many national dealerships the refund will be processed to your dealer. The dealership will then be responsible for processing your reimbursement.
LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
Lifetime technical support is provided to each customer that purchases an X-Treme Bicycle. To access our technical support department click on this link https://support.x-tremescooters.com/. After a support ticket has been opened a technician will respond to your ticket and an e-mail will be sent to you. If you would like to speak to a technician by phone, include your phone number on the ticket and request the technician to contact you. Tickets are answered in the order received. Your initial posting puts you in line for the next technician to assist you. Should you post to your ticket prior to a technician responding, your ticket will be placed at the end of the line. To ensure a prompt response, please do not post/reply to your ticket prior to the technician responding to you.
X-Treme Scooters and it's Distributors are not responsible for the proper or improper use of merchandise sold. We care about our customers and urge you to exercise caution and take necessary safety measures to protect yourself while engaging in cycling. We encourage, beg, and plead that you wear a helmet and use appropriate lighting while riding at night regardless of the legal requirements in your particular state. Potential customers, you should check with your local law enforcement agency before purchasing about age requirements for riding our electric bicycles. Some states may have laws restricting the use of these items on public streets. Generally, all states allow them on private property such as campgrounds, parks, etc....but many states have age requirements. Most states require helmets and protective equipment to be worn by certain age children. Please always bike safely. Know your laws before you go biking. We will not take back a bicycle if you find your laws do not permit your child to ride it. Check first